Early Draft Academic Editing
Start strong with our Early Draft Academic Editing service. Work with a subject-matter expert in your field to ensure your draft is well structured and soundly argued.
Early draft editing (also called substantive editing or structural editing) strengthens the foundation of your work. It marks the beginning of your editing and proofreading journey and ensures that your writing is developing well.
Our early draft editors are subject-matter experts who can offer field-specific insight into your work. They provide a mix of engaged critical commentary and structural edits, and their work is further strengthened by our best-in-class artificial intelligence technology.
What You'll Receive
Merudio's Early Draft Academic Editing service is more effective than similar services. In addition to helping you develop your content, our editors will also conduct a copyediting pass.
As a result, your editor will do the following:
- Offer suggestions to strengthen arguments and improve the structure of your work
- Check for consistency in tone, style, voice, and terminology
- Correct grammatical, spelling, and punctuation mistakes
- Tailor your work to your preferred style guide
- Offer field-specific insight and critical commentary on your work's methods and approaches
- Identify potential weaknesses in your research and suggest solutions
- Ensure your work adheres to your field's expectations in terms of writing style, formatting, and other conventions
- Highlight additional opportunities to improve your chances of publication
Click the image to see a detailed example. In addition, you can find the answers to frequently asked questions in our service-specific FAQs.
Merudio's editors have access to the world's most advanced grammatical error correction tool, the Accelerator. Making use of machine learning, the Accelerator is an artificial intelligence–powered tool that is more accurate and more reliable than similar tools. As a result, Merudio's editors can devote more time and attention to providing important structural edits and constructive feedback and less time to hunting for typos.
Security and Privacy
We take your privacy and the security of your documents very seriously. We hold our editors to an extremely high standard, and all uploads and downloads are encrypted to protect you and your work. For more information about Merudio's security, please see our FAQs.
I use your service for structural editing, and it has been outstanding. The editors do a great job of ensuring a document flows well and has a consistent voice when there are multiple authors. Thank you for helping me create educational content for students and entrepreneurs.
A.J. Wasserstein, Eugene F. Williams, Jr. Lecturer in the Practice of Management
Yale School of Management, U.S.A.