Early draft editing (also called substantive editing or structural editing) strengthens the foundation of your work. It marks the beginning of your editing and proofreading journey and ensures that your writing is developing well.
Our early draft editors are subject-matter experts who can offer field-specific insight into your work. They provide a mix of engaged critical commentary and structural edits, and their work is further strengthened by our best-in-class artificial intelligence technology.
What You'll Receive
Merudio's Early Draft Academic Editing service is more effective than similar services. In addition to helping you develop your content, our editors will also conduct a copyediting pass.
As a result, your editor will do the following:
- Offer suggestions to strengthen arguments and improve the structure of your work
- Check for consistency in tone, style, voice, and terminology
- Correct grammatical, spelling, and punctuation mistakes
- Tailor your work to your preferred style guide
- Offer field-specific insight and critical commentary on your work's methods and approaches
- Identify potential weaknesses in your research and suggest solutions
- Ensure your work adheres to your field's expectations in terms of writing style, formatting, and other conventions
- Highlight additional opportunities to improve your chances of publication
Click the image to see a detailed example. In addition, you can find the answers to frequently asked questions in our service-specific FAQs.