Accountant - Summer Student
Chatham, ON, Canada - Full Time
Scribendi is offering a paid 7-week summer internship.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for handling various aspects of bookkeeping, including general ledger entries, billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, account reconciliation, payroll, benefits, and other reporting functions. If you want to increase your financial knowledge in a growing e-commerce company, this is the opportunity for you!
*As per the Canada Summer Jobs Program, participant must be between 15-30 years of age and must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
- Work directly with the president, including participating in meetings with accounting firms, bankers, and other stakeholders
- Complete various aspects of day-to-day bookkeeping
- Complete month-end accounting activities from beginning to end
- Prepare and file government remittances, including source deductions, EHT, and HST on a monthly basis
- Perform filing and general administrative duties for accounts
- Communicate with clients and manage A/R and A/P
- Manage the company cash flow
- Prepare monthly statements for management
- Participate in the yearly auditing process
- A certificate in accounting plus two years of experience
- Hands-on experience with Sage 50, including the payroll module
- Knowledge of and experience with payroll in Ontario (bonus: experience with payroll in Quebec)
- A good fundamental understanding of all facets of accounting
- An eagerness to learn new technologies and best practices in managing the accounting and financial functions of a private business
- Enjoy a dynamic corporate culture founded on flexibility and continuous learning
- Career development opportunities
- An opportunity to use the latest tools and technologies for an online world (Stripe, Slack, Active Collab, etc.)
How to Apply
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter detailing your experience in relation to the above-stated job requirements as well as your salary expectations.
Scribendi is committed to equal opportunity employment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.