Chatham, ON, Canada - Full Time
Scribendi is seeking an ambitious, detail-oriented numbers whiz to join our team full-time at our head office in Chatham, Ontario. On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for handling various aspects of bookkeeping, including general ledger entries, billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, account reconciliation, payroll, benefits, and other reporting functions. If you want to increase your financial knowledge in a growing e-commerce company, this is the opportunity for you!
- Work directly with the president, including participating in meetings with accounting firms, bankers, and other stakeholders
- Complete various aspects of day-to-day bookkeeping
- Complete month-end accounting activities from beginning to end
- Prepare and file government remittances, including source deductions, EHT, and HST on a monthly basis
- Perform filing and general administrative duties with regard to accounts
- Communicate with clients and manage A/R and A/P
- Manage the company cash flow
- Prepare monthly statements for management
- Participate in the yearly auditing process
- Have a minimum of a certificate in accounting plus two years of experience
- Have hands-on experience with Sage 50, including the payroll module
- Have knowledge of and experience with payroll in Ontario (bonus: experience with payroll in Quebec)
- Possess good fundamental understanding of all facets of accounting
- Like to learn new technologies and best practices in managing the accounting and financial functions of a private business
- Enjoy a dynamic corporate culture founded on flexibility and continuous learning
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits, as well as a wellness benefit
- A quarterly bonus plan
- Career development opportunities, such as moving into a controller role in the future
- An opportunity to use the latest tools and technologies for an online world (Stripe, Slack, Active Collab, etc.)
How to Apply
Please apply to email@example.com with a resume and cover letter detailing your experience in relation to the above-stated job requirements as well as your salary expectations.
Scribendi is committed to equal opportunity employment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.