In-House Editor (STEM)
Chatham, ON, Canada - Full Time
Scribendi is currently looking for experienced, proactive, and enthusiastic editors specialized in science, technology, engineering, and/or mathematics to join our in-house team.
You will utilize your expertise by assisting with the growth and development of our team as well as using your skills to assist with daily editing tasks.
This is a great opportunity for candidates seeking a challenging and rewarding role in editing. If you love fixing sentences and helping people communicate, this job is for you!
- Edit a broad range of documents, focusing on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
- Manage the day-to-day editorial workflow and provide support to our freelancers and fellow in-house staff
- Work with the Quality Department to maintain our high level of standards with a continuous eye for improvement
- A university degree in a STEM-related field
- Professional editing/proofreading experience
- Excellent reading comprehension and a meticulous eye for detail
- A love for research and the desire to continuously expand editorial skills
- An average editing/proofreading speed of 1,000–1,500 words per hour
- Knowledge of one or more style guides (e.g., APA style, The Chicago Manual of Style)
- Experience in academic publishing
- Figure formatting experience for academic journals is a plus
- A dynamic corporate culture founded on flexibility and continuous learning
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits, as well as a wellness benefit
- A quarterly bonus plan
- Career development opportunities
- Training courses
- A professional and positive environment
How to Apply
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter detailing your experience in relation to the above-stated job requirements as well as your salary expectations.
Scribendi is committed to equal opportunity employment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.