In-House Editor - Summer Student
Chatham, ON, Canada - Full Time
Scribendi is looking to hire a summer student for a paid 7-week internship. The editorial team at Scribendi is full of engaged editors who are passionate about the written word and enjoy a positive and supportive environment where they can tackle interesting intellectual challenges.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree at the minimum. Our editors work on varied documents from a wide range of fields and genres. Editors will see admission letters, creative writing, academic papers, scientific articles, and a little bit of everything in between! We encourage personal and professional growth, and continuous learning is a key aim of the company. If you have a meticulous mind that’s curious about how things tick, this might just be the job for you.*As per the Canada Summer Jobs Program, participants must be between 15-30 years of age and must be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
- Edit and proofread a broad range of documents, including technical, scientific, and medical materials
- Coordinate with other departments on a variety of creative research and writing projects
- Work full-time (including weekend, evening, and holiday shifts)
- A bachelor’s degree (required); a master’s degree, PhD, and/or professional experience (preferred)
- Experience with writing and editing
- The ability to work accurately but quickly, as we often have strict deadlines to meet (with expectant clients on the other end)
- A strong sense of initiative and a willingness to learn
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- An open communication style
- An average editing speed of 1,000 words per hour
- In-depth knowledge of one or more style guides (e.g., APA, MLA, and CMOS)
- Enjoy a dynamic corporate culture founded on flexibility and continuous learning
- Career development opportunities
- An opportunity to use the latest tools and technologies for an online world (Stripe, Slack, Active Collab, etc.)
How to Apply
Please apply to email@example.com with a resume and cover letter detailing your experience in relation to the above-stated job requirements as well as your salary expectations.
Scribendi is committed to equal opportunity employment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.