Senior Full Stack Developer
Chatham, ON, Canada - Full Time
Scribendi, a leading online language services company, is seeking a senior full stack developer to join our IT team. At Scribendi, you will participate in mission-critical projects and join a small group of forward-thinking software developers working in an agile environment.
You will work with cutting-edge technologies, apply them in the ecommerce sector, and collaborate extensively with stakeholders and the development team to achieve ambitious goals. This role is for a fearless self-starter with good communication skills, a good work ethic, and the ability to participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
If you dream of creating software that can have a real impact, this job is for you.
- Develop high-volume, highly available, and distributed production applications
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to other members of the software development team, including code and documentation reviews
- Have a minimum of five years of professional experience deploying software in production environments
- Have the ability to write high-quality code that promotes reuse and readability and uses current best practices
- Have a strong grasp of relational database systems, OOP, MVC web frameworks, and web application security principles
- Have a good sense of humor
- Can act as a technical lead as required, including but not limited to assisting the project lead in allocating tasks to team members and exercising initiative and sound judgment in the execution of project plans and schedules
- Have experience developing high-volume, highly available, and distributed production applications using microservices and containerization technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Have high-level knowledge of the DevOps development lifecycle and software development methodologies
Technologies We Use
- HTML5, CSS3, SASS
- PHP, C#, Python, Perl, Node.js
- MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Doctrine
- Twig, Smarty, Jade
- Apache, Nginx, Linux
- SVN, Git, Bitbucket
- Symfony, WordPress, Bootstrap, Composer
- Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ
About Our Team
- We are a small team of developers working in a profitable and rapidly growing company.
- We are always striving to be innovative and fast moving and are passionate about getting work done right.
- We work collaboratively to grow and learn together.
- We are not afraid of difficult problems but carefully choose what we spend time on.
How to Apply
Please apply to email@example.com with a resume and cover letter detailing your experience in relation to the above-stated job requirements as well as your salary expectations.
Scribendi is committed to equal opportunity employment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.