Freelance Figure Formatter
Remote - Freelance
Scribendi is looking for an expert in figure formatting. Proper formatting of scientific figures, such as graphs and images, according to the specifications of publishers and clients is a necessary part of many journal submissions and requires a specific set of tools.
As one of our talented independent contractors, you'll have the ability to work from home while choosing the types of assignments that interest you and working completely on your own schedule. Our transparent, per-order pricing shows you how much a job is worth before you accept it.
You can interact with both in-house staff and other freelancers through our online forums, and you'll also receive incentives that can be redeemed through online retailers. You won't have any of the hassles of bidding or pitching to clients, and you will be paid promptly.
- Accept figure formatting orders and complete them in accordance with Merudio's expectations and guidelines and any specific requirements provided by the client
- Return all orders within their deadlines
- Participate in regular quality assurance checks
- A university degree in a related field
- The ability to properly format scientific figures, such as graphs and images, according to the specifications of publishers
- The ability to pay close attention to details and accurately follow processes and procedures per guidelines
- Excellent reading comprehension skills and the ability to follow written instructions and work independently
- Be absolutely fanatical about meeting deadlines
- Microsoft Word 2010 or later, Photoshop software, and Illustrator software
- The ability to modify the following file types:
- A secure internet connection that meets the following requirements:
- A private network (i.e., no public Wi-Fi networks can be used)
- Password protection
- WP2/WP3 encryption
- Antivirus/antispyware that is updated regularly
- A firewall (e.g., Windows Defender is enabled)
- Broadband/high-speed internet access
- The ability to accept payments in US dollars
- A graduate degree in a relevant field
- Experience in academic publishing
Applicants must not reside in the US jurisdictions of California; Colorado; Hawaii; Illinois; Indiana; Kentucky; Massachusetts; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York; North Carolina; South Dakota; Washington, D.C.; West Virginia; or Wyoming.
Please note that all freelance editors are independent contractors for Scribendi. You should be aware that certain geographies have specific requirements, such as having your own business or tax forms, for one to be considered an independent contractor. We recommend checking into this matter for your place of residence before starting the application.
How to Apply
Please apply to email@example.com with a resume and cover letter detailing your experience in relation to the above-stated job requirements.
Scribendi is committed to equal opportunity employment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.